Wednesday, July 02, 2003

back...

*phew*...had first day of work today....so damn tired.....its been two years....since Merril since I've put on a suit...tie, dress shoes and the whole nine yards......dang, my neck and shoulders were aching all throughout the day......its as if i were carrying a back pack full of stones......
Its cool tho....meeting some new lads......going through the hong kong work-summer experience all over again....hehehe....Yey! women in a work environment again!!......thats definitely cool...no more mutants like those in my biomed classes.......
I assume I'll get the hang of it in a week or two...after orientation when i finally figure out where and which floor i work ><; .....

Hong Kong is great. I think I've finally realized my home. I'm glad I didn't come back for a while, otherwise I'd continue to take this place for granted.......i suppose Asia is where I want to end up when I settle down....altho I'd definitely miss out on american sports.....like watching the superbowl, NCAA, NBA, etc.. with pizza and beers and all that......nothing can beat being around people who I grew up around with...eventho, i'm Americanized....and I don't act like the typical HK guy.....i feel like i'm still part of it.......especially Central, where people are busy, working and less fobby....I feel at home working in one of those sky scrapers.....I feel like this is where I belong.....not that I'm racist or anything, but I just can't imagine myself working in an office pretty much mostly consumed of whites......like, it'd still be chill and all that....but it just aint the same....the networking...the people..the attitude...

...haha...i got myself another pink floyd CD today....HK has such a bigger influence from European music......so so cool....i can't believe I spent an hour at HMV after work.....but yeah, definitely will be here with some cool music when i finally get an ear on them...

Airik.

No comments: