Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I graduated from Johns Hopkins with a Biomedical Engineering degree.

I went through hell and got out. Its crazy. I don't know what to say. Its like..I proved myself....I proved to myself that 'I could succeed in anything I set my mind to'.

My past 3 and a half years in college was definitely not the most pleasant one. Haha, I was definitely way too in touch with my nerdy roots. I remember spending most of my weekends (including Friday night, most of Saturday and without a doubt Sunday) studying in the library. I took caffeinne mints, attention deficit pills, and bottle after bottles of mountain dew just so that I could stay focused 7-8 hours at a time. I also didn't eat until I had finished the work I set myself and it led to an infected stomach that would hurt when I'm hungry now. I was so obsessed with studying and doing well I think I lost focused on how a life should be and how to live one. I'm proud to say that I'm finally at the end of this road, but this road was definitely not an easy one. I was scarred along the way. Work was normal, life was dull and it definitely jaded my perception of this society. I paid the price and lost a lot of energy as a young restless man to overcome this obstacle. I don't think I'd be able to do it again..

I aged, matured and have become a lot wiser.

No comments: