Thursday, September 29, 2005

On July 8th 2004, I once wrote I wanted to be a video game developer. And now, a little over a year, my aspirations have finally come true…

In fact, I’m actually settling in pretty nicely at Surreal. As a kid, I never imagined I would ever be in this industry. A hybrid of tech and entertainment is just perfect for me. Maybe I was never ought to be at one of those corporate powerhouse (a la Citigroup, Merril, and all those names). It never occured to me when I was a kid I’d be work at an office with game consoles are all over the place and toys at my desk. Making video games was always one of those don't bother to dream about type things.
The hours are longer than average, but they are flexible and the environment is easy going enough to feel like you are just hanging out. I like the corporate owned start up environment. We have weekly massage sign-ups, pizza and beer on Fridays, and alcohol induced meetings. Talk about getting drunk with your colleagues and then skipping work for the rest of the day. As long as I get my work done, I am free to do what I want. I can freely surf the web, chat, read a book/magazine, play poker or video games casually at work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont feel like leaving comments when random people start doing ads here

Anonymous said...

idea revoked, I am gonna leave my comments

"I never imagined I would ever be in this industry."
How the hell did you decide to do it if you couldnt even imagine yourself doing it

" I never thought I’d be work at an office where game consoles are all over the place and I’d get to decorate my desk with toys(!!!)."
You didnt expect a gaming company to have game consoles? BANG!

"This means I can surf the web, chat, read a book/magazine, play poker or video games casually at work."
BS BS BS BS BS BS
You always say "im super busy" whenever i chat wit u

Anonymous said...

until next entry

-GT

vinay said...

what up kid,

with some good luck i'll be on the west coast in a couple months, how far is san fran from bellevue? driveable?? Anyways holla, we gotta tear up some moutains this winter if you're up for it.

- V