Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Risk


I was reading one of Paul Graham's essays earlier this morning, he mentions that persistence is the right balance between being strong-willed and disciplined.

The essay made me realize what had gotten me into my rut lately -too much discipline. In terms of my analytical thinking as an entrepreneur, I've leaped and gained tonnes of insight over the past 2-3 years; I feel I have what it takes. But that knowledge and acuity has made me a non-believer. I don't see any straightforward risk-none-existent paths to success. To simply put it: Given the odds, expected success is low.

Without strong-will, such as belief, ignorance, and the gut to stick it out, an entrepreneur will not make progress.

Stop hedging, I should count on giving something my best shot.

No comments: