Sunday, January 23, 2005

More moments of inspiration

Knowing that I'm all about the band sound, my (anime junkie) little brother introduced this new anime called 'Beck' to me. I can really relate to it: the love for modern rock music, the guitars, the riffs, finding band-mates, etc... It inspires me to find my own sound. Play in my own band. Get into the scene for myself.
I'm super jealous band music is huge in Japan. I recall visiting numerous music shops and listenning to plenty of jap indie band records when I visited Tokyo last Christmas. Oh yea, and of course, was fortunate enough to be brought to a gig too. Something I would not have been able to do if it weren't that China brought me =).
But yeah, the music industry in Japan is something a guy like me would die to live in. To say the least, I can at least enjoy such animations such as 'Beck'.


~~~ Amber Pacific - Always You ~~~
~~~ Beck - Wheres it at ~~~
~~~ Taking Back Sunday - A decade under influence ~~~

No comments: