Saturday, January 22, 2005

Prelude to Eden

Michel Gagné showed up at my school today. Definitely an individual I respect. He's not exactly what I want for my own life & career, but I could definitely learn to apply the same attitude of pushing oneself to make things evolve or happen. Check out his 'Prelude to Eden' animation.

Over the past couple of days, I've been settling down here in Bellevue/Redmond for the most part. Furniture shopping, starting services, looking for a band-mates (Heehee), getting into the groove of school, and other errands.

Speaking of school, I realized I haven't spoken much about it on my blog. I think it may be because I'm really still trying to decipher it myself. My video game school 'DigiPen', aka 'Nintendo U', is not exactly as cool and fun as it sounds. Other than the plaques of articles from every magazine you can name/find on the walls, nobody would be able to distinguish it from any other tech school.
And so this brings me to the part that creeps me out slightly: all the students seem so uptight. Yes, I know I am too, but still. The students, which typically come across as a mixture of weird, hippy, or geek (HAHa. Sounds so me!), seem so disciplined. Meaning they are all focused on getting a job in the industry? Hmm..I can't say for sure.
But anyhow, the halls and classrooms at my school are dull, white, and no fun.



No comments: