Friday, July 01, 2005

I'm a fan of "end of the world" genre movies. It’s not so much wanting to see everybody get killed and die (or is it??! ^^), but the aftermath of the story I am usually attracted too. It’s the effects of the what ifs…such as the societal, political, and human consequences. I think ‘28 Days Later’ and ‘Cube’ are good examples of such movies.
I saw ‘War of the Worlds’ yesterday, and found that similarly entertaining. Never mind the fact that the ending is too positive due to various Hollywood-management issues; I liked the raw emotion of the film. It felt immersive. I could understand why the background and its characters behaved the way they did. ‘War of the Worlds’ is no doubt an entertaining movie on the big screen. The energy throughout the movie is balanced just right so that the slower parts of the movie give the audience enough breathing room but not so much that it becomes boring or slow. The movie is intense throughout.
This is the first summer blockbuster I’ve seen so far this summer.


+++ L'Arc en ciel - Awake +++
+++ Royksopp - The Understanding +++

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

umm.. War of the World was kinda "ok" for me...

my summer blockbuster included

Jedi Lightsabres, a place called Madagascar and A guy pretending to be a bat

Dont really have any othermovie to look forward to at the moment