Monday, April 04, 2005

GoW

Its been three hours since I finished 'God of War'; I am now feeling bored, fidgety and uneasy....why?

I probably sound like I have no life or crazy, but I just spent my entire Sunday (~12 hours) in front of a television and playstation2. I'll assume it would be the latter giving that I also study ~8 hours at a time =P. The point is: I was plugged-in. And if I had to choose again, I would only hope that the experience lasted longer than it did.

'God of War' is one of those titles that proves to the world American developers know how to make a blockbuster console game. I rate it at 9.8 (equivalent to IGN). For those of you who didn't know, it ain't easy for a video game to keep my attention for long. But 'God of War' did it.
The action is new and intense throughout the game. You would never have to complete the same type of puzzle more than once, and it rarely (if ever?) made you do anything tedious or repetitive.
The story is basically a tale of vengeance, set against the backdrop of ancient Greek mythology. The game is bloody, stylish, and has some over-the-top combat. Beating the crap out of the minions and facing the bosses were simply fun as hell.

'God of War' is simply a high-class production in every single facet of its package. From the finely balanced gameplay, to the magnificent presentation, you can't help but be impressed by what this game has to offer. It's simply a marvelously executed experience that's fun from beginning to end, and anyone with a taste for mature content and the action adventure genre would be foolish to pass it up.

Haha. Yeah, the game is rated 'R'. It features sexual situations, bare breasts, and excessive brutality.

No comments: