Friday, March 05, 2004

My diet has been very exciting over the past month. Yeah, and I think it would be safe to say that I've had an incredibly wide variety of food during my first month in Shanghai. Everything from the street food that can cost less than 2USD altogether, to the 20USD 'all you can eat' japanese cuisines.
Maybe I should start with the 'all you can eat'. HAha. Basically its all you can eat japanese cuisines or tepanyaki. Its pretty crazy stuff, on top of the 'all you can eat' you also get to order 'all you want to drink' too. And I'm talking about all you can drink hot sake, japanese beer, fruit juice, blah blah blah. I mean, seriously, 20USD for all you can drink is not bad already, but thats not even the best part. The best part is that the food is legit stuff!! Like, real japanese food. All you can eat japanese cuisine includes all you can eat uni, horse sashami, raw beef, raw prawns, and the list goes on just like every other japanese restaurant. This is same for the tepanyaki restaurant: private rooms, a chef cooks in front of you, and you can order anything on the menu (codfish, clams, different types of beef, blah blah blah). You point at anything on the menu and they will bring it up to you and cook it right there. So yeah, we're talkin about living like the king. Haha.

Crap. to be continued...

No comments: