Sunday, February 29, 2004

Maybe its just me, but I often feel like I am very different from the people I know. Typically, it is probably due to background circumstances, but even my peers that have went to an int'l school in Hong Kong most of their life do not possess traits similar to mine at all. For example, among my circle of close friends, each and everyone of them are very distinct in their own way that none of us are a good representation of our backgrounds. And I say this confirming that neither even everyone of us together would reflect a true representation of our background. Our personalities have already set us too far apart.

Its interesting to meet people from all over the world. Living abroad really gives you a chance to widen your perspective of this world. Ever since I set my foot here at the international cultural exchange dorm, I admit I have always ignored most European countries. Seriously, what was i thinking? Doesn't that seem quite fundamental? 'Too much BME for my own good' I would probably use as an excuse. Europe plays a huge 1/3 part of this world, yet when I read the wall street, I only goto the U.S and Asia section. I'm sure there are plenty of hungry men and women over there that are also planning to take over this world too. I must make a visit to the rest of Europe asap. Backpacking would sound fun.

Erik.

No comments: