Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Hehe....My new laptop! Not bad not bad...US$1200 for a 14.1" lcd 1.4Ghz Intel Centrino, 512mb ram, 60gb Harddrive, Dvd + CDR, wireless lan....

So under very reasonable circumstances (free coupon from Bro) I went to one of those expensive (US$120+) facials on the day before I left to Shanghai. HAha... the whole process felt slightly awkward although the place was for men only (yes, and don't start thinking 'gay'...was actually one of those classy places wealthy men that worked/lived in Central went)....But yeah, anywayz, it might seem normal to females...but that was a weird touchy feminine experience for the man...

Shanghai

My first day has been quite a bit of a culture shock. You know something is wrong when even the foreign looking girls and the black guy cannot speak english....I think I need to re-emphasize that point...even the black guy wearing a philadelphia seventy sixers cap CANNOT speak english!! Whoa. That really is something. How crazy is that?! The chinese kid that cannot speak mandarin is trying to speak english to the black guy that can only speak mandarin....

So yeah...I went to check the gym out in search of some recreational activites to burn my time....haha...I really really need a digital camera to capture what I saw... I saw 40+ table tennis tables!! And more than half of them were being occupied....crazy man.....hopefully they play basketball sometime too...but yea...it was all table tennis
and badminton...

To say the least, however, my room is pretty nice. They didn't have any more doubles left, so I got a single...which has my own bathroom, balcony, AC, and all the other necessities... its pretty big...bigger than a lot of the rooms I've seen in college in America I must say.

Aite. Time to move. I think I can get used to place.

ERik

No comments: